Terms & Conditions
The information you provide to Mid City College will remain private and confidential under the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988. Your personal details will be used for the purpose of processing your enrolment and facilitating the training and assessment services requested by you. Your personal information will not be released unless required by law or approval is provided by you. Your information will never be sold to a third party. Your information may be provided to a third party who has entered into a legally binding agreement with Mid City College to provide services to either you or Mid City College and who agrees to keep your personally information confidential except as required by law. Your personal information will be collected and used for the purpose of collection of data for statistical information under the requirements of the Data Provision Requirement 2012 and in line with current AVETMISS requirements however, his information is reported in a manner that does not identify you.
Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organization (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us. If you do not provide the personal information we cannot proceed further with your application.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth).
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorized by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice. Please contact the college if you are unable to access the provided link. We can email/ post a hard copy for your understanding.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorized agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
At any time, you may contact Mid City College to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
ask a question about this Privacy Notice
In signing this application for enrolment, you agree that
- You have read and understand the terms and condition of Enrolment, and the Student handbook which contains the course curriculum;
- You will abide by the Rules and Regulations of the College;
- You have the financial capacity to meet tuition fees, and agree to pay fees as they become due;
- The college has permission to use any photographic image on which you may appear on the marketing and advertising materials.
- Mid City College Professional Training is required, under section 19 of the ESOS Act, to tell the Department about changes to student's enrolment; and any breach by students to student visa conditions relating to attendance or satisfactory academic performance;
- Personal information is collected solely to operating as a Registered Training Organization under the RTO Standards administrated by the ASQA, the registering authority.
- It is a requirement of the RTO Standards that students can access personal information held by Mid City College and may request corrections to information that is incorrect or out of date. Apply in writing to the Mid City College if you wish to view your own records.